- PATENTED TRIPLE TELESCOPIC SYSTEM - The triple telescope is based on a movement mechanism that makes the positioning of the sensor precise and safe, overcoming the common stability problems of classic systems on the market (Patent WO2015/155621). The telescopic beam on which the sensor is mounted is positioned on two carriages that move simultaneously around the extruded bubble. Skymex meets 4 fundamental requirements of the designers: rigidity, absence of vibrations, large radial measuring radii and minimum overall dimensions during rotation. Skymex has no radial overhang and no intermediate “junctions” between the bogies.
- BELT FREE MOTION - Movement is “belt free” so no maintenance or belt replacement is required.
- DIFFERENT SIZES - Skymex is available in different sizes up to 14 mt lay flat.
- BIG MIN-MAX RATIO - Thanks to its patent triple telescopic device oscillating ring Skymex is able to guarantee 4 ÷ 1 ratio between minimum and maximum bubble diameter.
- ULTRASONIC DISTANCE SENSOR - Skymex is equipped with an ultrasonic sensor for keeping the distance from sensor to bubble always constant.
- 360° ENCODER BAND - Skymex is equipped with a 360° encoder band which allows to know the angular position with the maximum precision.
- 360° ROTATION SYSTEM - As option Skymex can rotate continuously at 360° in one direction thanks to a powered rail and an industrial Wi-Fi.
- INDUSTRY 4.0 & IoT - All Syncro machines are ready to be integrated with third party supervisory controls and ERP systems using the latest generation of OPC-UA protocols as standard.
Capacitive Gauging System for Blown Film Lines
SKYMEX is a contact thickness gauge for blown film lines. It provides a continuous thickness measurement around the bubble and is installed on a patented positioning device with an oscillating ring connected to an auto profile control.
Skymex is based on capacitive technology. Dielectric charecteristics of the film that is in contact with the sensor, produce a variation of the signal proportional to the film thickness.