- PATENTED TRIPLE TELESCOPIC SYSTEM - The triple telescope is based on a movement mechanism that makes the positioning of the sensor precise and safe, overcoming the common stability problems of classic systems on the market (Patent WO2015/155621). The telescopic beam on which the sensor is mounted is positioned on two carriages that move simultaneously around the extruded bubble. Skymex meets 4 fundamental requirements of the designers: rigidity, absence of vibrations, large radial measuring radii and minimum overall dimensions during rotation. Skymex has no radial overhang and no intermediate “junctions” between the bogies.
- MOTORISED MOVEMENT SkYmex fulfils four basic requirements: rigidity, absence of vibration, wide radial measuring range and minimal overall dimensions during rotation. Thanks to the passive beam and the two motorized carriages that synchronize during rotation, the sensor is kept in the center plane of the carriages regardless of the bubble diameter, guaranteeing wide BUR ranges.
- WIDE MEASURING RANGE Each SkYmex model can accommodate different bubbles up to a 4:1 ratio (BUR) between minimum and maximum diameter; thanks to its numerous sizes, it can cover up to 14 meters of lay flat.
- ULTRASONIC DISTANCE SENSOR SkYmex is equipped with an ultrasonic sensor that ensures that the set distance between the sensor and the bubble is maintained.
- 360° ROTATION SYSTEM - As an option, SkYmex can continuously rotate 360° in one direction thanks to the power transmission system integrated in the slewing ring including a WI-FI connection.
- INDUSTRY 4.0 & IoT - All Syncro machines are ready to be integrated with third party supervisory controls and ERP systems using the latest generation of OPC-UA protocols as standard.
Capacitive Gauging System for Blown Film Lines
NON-CONTACT SKYMEX is a capacitive profile gauge for blown film extrusion lines. It guarantees a continuous and precise measurement of the film profile and is installed on a patented triple movement telescopic.
The dielectric characteristics of the measured film produce a signal variation proportional to the film thickness. The capacitive sensor is mounted in the centre of the beam, the oscillatory rotation system allows for the rotation of the sensor around the bubble, reading the angular position and allowing the generation of a circumferential profile of the thickness over 360°.