- NON CONTACT - The sensor is positioned with a film gap from 4 mm to 6 mm without air cushioning.
- INDUSTRY 4.0 & IoT - Combyscan is equipped with PLC integrated with OPC-UA protocol for industry 4.0.
- SYNTROL CONTROL - Combyscan is equipped with a control cabinet along with PC touch screen, keyboard, mouse and printer.
- PROCESSES - Combyscan is used on FLAT DIE lines or BLOWN FILM lines. On Blown Film lines, COMBYSCAN is installed after the haul off and thanks to a special SYNCRO patented software design, it is able to measure the collapsed film and calculate the reel profile quickly, avoiding the need to wait for a complete haul off rotation.
- IDEAL FOR BARRIER FILM IN BLOWN LINE - Combyscan can work with complex structure film such as barrier film because the measurement is not influenced by material composition.
- HEAVY DUTY STRUCTURE - The heavy duty construction ensures no deflection of the main frame and guarantees perfect measurement stability.
- EASY ACCESS FOR MAINTENANCE - The Combyscan has been designed to allow easy access for maintenance operations.
- 3D ROLL MAPPING - Thanks to the 3D mapping of the cylinder, a high resolution measurement scan is guaranteed with all possible variances eliminated.
- FAST PROFILE CALCULATION - On a Blown Film Line Combyscan shows the first profile after just 3 scans.
- AUTO PROFILE CONTROL - As an option, Combyscan can be connected to SYNTROLGAUGE to automatically control the thermal bolts used on flat dies or automatic air rings on blown film lines to regulate the film/sheet profile.
Combined Capacitive & Inductive
COMBYSCAN is a measuring system based on non-contact inductive/capacitive technology. The new sensor allows the measurement of sheet or film thicknesses using the cylinder as a datum.
Combyscan uses inductive technology to measure the distance between the sensor and the cylinder. The second capacitive sensor measures the dielectric of the material and combined with the first, provides a more accurate thickness value. COMBYSCAN is used on FLAT DIE lines or BLOWN FILM lines.