- NON RADIOACTIVE - Following the regulations EURATOM 96/29, Rayxscan is not considered a radioactive source because the tension on the anode is lower than 5 kV, for this reason this scanner does not need to follow the radio protection regulations and hence a safety certificate is not necessary
- INDUSTRY 4.0 & IoT - Rayxscan is equipped with PLC integrated with OPCUA protocol for industry 4.0.
- SYNTROL CONTROL - Rayxscan is equipped with Control cabinet along with PC touch screen, keyboard, mouse and printer.
- PROCESSES - Rayxscan can be used on different process such as stretch film lines, non-woven lines, BOPP lines, coating lines, Blown film lines.
- LIMITLESS PERFORMANCES - The measurement is not influenced by color, transparency or by material composition.
- HEAVY DUTY STRUCTURE - The heavy duty engineering offers excellent resistance to bending of the main frame and guarantees perfect measurement stability.
- EASY ACCESS FOR MAINTENANCE - Rayxscan has been designed to guarantee easy access for maintenance operations.
- FAST SET UP - The average startup is done in less than 2h.
- STABLE AND PRECISE - Extremely stable and precise measurement: down to 0.02 micron of repeatibility with a max. drift without standardization in 12 h of 0.085 microns.True air gap density compensation with pressure and temperature measurement
- AUTO PROFILE CONTROL - As option Rayxscan can be connected to SYNTROLGAUGE to control automatically the thermal bolts used on flat dies or automatic air ring on blow film lines to regulate the film/sheet profile.
X-Ray Gauging System
The RAYXSCAN uses an X ray beam transmission through the homogeneous material to be measured, from which it can measure the thickness, usually shown in micron or the weight [g/m2].
An X-ray source is situated in a housing, while another housing contains the receiver and is positioned opposite the transmitter at a set distance (Gap). When a homogeneous layer of material is positioned between the transmitter and receiver, part of the energy transmitting to the receiver is absorbed by the material. The part which is not captured by the receiver is directly proportional to the thickness of the measured film according to the main features of the material.