- LOW CURRENT CONSUMPTION - The main processor of GLIMEX is in constant control of the tension and the electrical signals to ensure that no current peaks or discharges overload the device, and it is also equipped with a safety procedure that limits the current consumption in case of too many defects or a constant insulator failure.
- INSTANT READING & MARKING - GLIMEX measures the presence of an insulator defect at the very instant the fault happens, so the position of a defect is always memorized with absolute precision; a marking device can also be activated at the same time in order to leave a visible mark in the exact point were the fault happened, besides saving all the data in a log. The software also saves the position of the defects, allowing for the unwinding of the cable to the various faults’ positions.
- ADJUSTABLE FUNCTIONS - The brush of electrodes can be changed to different configurations based on the characteristics of the passing cable (i.e. diameter, insulation class, shape, etc.); the main parameters of the device can also be changed to adapt at the different products, for example the minimum voltage required to register a fault or the DC/AC regime.
- SELF CHECK & CALIBRATION - The routine of the main processor contemplates an automatic procedure to induce voltage peaks in order to check the electrodes status, the presence of short-circuits, and the calibration of the maximum voltage and sensitivity for each configuration of the brush.
- SAFETY STANDARDS - GLIMEX fulfills all the important test and safety standards for the major countries around the world (BS, UL, DIN and VDE to cite a few).
- INDUSTRY 4.0 & IoT - GLIMEX is equipped with an integrated interface so that it can work as a stand-alone device, but due to its TCP/IP protocol it can also easily communicate with any PLC or supervisor through a simple software package, making it ready for remoting and Industry 4.0.
Ideal partner for plastics processors who require innovative technology to gain a competitive edge.
Device for the in-line detection of insulation defects for electric cable
GLIMEX is a device for the in-line detection of insulation defects of electric cables such as holes, cuts, lack of insulator thickness and generic faults.
Category: WIRE & CABLE MEASUREMENT SYSTEM Tags: Cables, Defect detection, Measuring system, Pipes, Surface defects, syncro