- LIMITLESS PERFORMANCES - Calibration is not required as the measuring process is not affected by material composition, colour, or transparency.
- HEAVY DUTY STRUCTURE - The structure is designed and built to ensure maximum structural stiffness essential for precise measurement under all operating conditions.
- DIMENSIONS - The frame of the machine is compact and has an integrated electrical panel and control panel. Installation is quick and easy (plug and play).
- MOTORISED ROLL - SHADYSCAN uses a motorised roller to eliminate the risk of material slipping. The motor is synchronized with the line speed to maintain surface speeds and eliminate drag friction.
- INDUSTRY 4.0 & IoT - SHADYSCAN is prepared with OPC-UA protocol for Industry 4.0.
- EASY ACCESS FOR MAINTENANCE - SHADYSCAN has been designed to ensure easy access to all parts requiring maintenance. A pneumatic control allows the entire sensor to be moved away from the measuring roller.
Laser Shadow & Eddy-Current Scanner
SHADYSCAN a non-contact profile thickness measuring system that combines the signal of a through-beam sensor with the signal of an inductive eddy current sensor. SHADYSCAN has many applications. In particular it is suitable to measure the thickness of expanded sheets that cannot be measured with absorption systems such as X-rays and Beta rays.
The light beam is aimed tangentially to the surface of the film and redirected over the measurement roller. The through-beam is collected by a CCD camera which monitors the increase and decrease of the shadow generated by the film. This measurement depends on the relative movement between the roller and the sensing beam, as well as the variation of the film thickness. In order for the variation of the shadow to be proportional only to the variation of the film thickness, it is necessary to compensate for any mechanical displacement between the parts. This is achieved by means of an inductive eddy current sensor that constantly detects the distance between the camera and the roller along the thickness axis.