- ABSOLUTE PERFORMANCE Calibration is not required as the measuring process is not affected by material composition, colour, or transparency.
- HEAVY DUTY STRUCTURE The structure is designed and built to ensure maximum structural stiffness essential, for precise measurement under all operating conditions.
- DIMENSIONS The frame of the machine is compact and has an integrated electrical panel and control panel. Installation is quick and easy (plug and play).
- MOTORISED ROLLER ShadYscan PLUS uses a motorised roller to eliminate the risk of material slipping. The motor is synchronized with the line speed in order to eliminate friction and drag-based defects.
- INDUSTRY 4.0 & IoT ShadYscan PLUS is prepared with OPC-UA protocol for Industry 4.0.
- EASY ACCESS FOR MAINTENANCE ShadYscan PLUS has been designed to ensure easy access to all parts requiring maintenance. A pneumatic control allows the entire sensor to be moved away from the measuring roller.
Laser Shadow & Eddy-Current Scanner
SHADYSCAN PLUS is a non-contact profile thickness measuring system that uses the signal of a through-beam sensor to measure sheet thickness. ShadYscan PLUS has many applications; in particular, it is suitable to measure the thickness of expanded sheets, higher than 3,5 mm, that cannot be measured with absorption systems such as X-rays and capacity-based systems.
The light beam is aimed tangentially to the surface of the sheet and redirected over the measurement roller. The through-beam is collected by a CCD camera which monitors the increase and decrease of the shadow generated by the sheet. This measurement is created detecting the shadow generated by the sheet, setting the shadow of the roller at the zero point.