- ABSOLUTE PERFORMANCE - Due to the nature of the CCD, no calibration is required and the signal will always be the absolute measure of the diameter independently on the cable, wire or pipe nature, material or geometry.
- ULTRA-FAST READINGS - DEFEX can produce up to 200.000 readings per second, ensuring that in the span of a single defect many point-like measurements can be taken even in the fastest lines and thus tracing its profile accurately, without risk of losing info in-between readings.
- POWERFUL ANALYSIS SOFTWARE - DEFEX can perform data analysis at the same speed of its measurements, therefore it can evaluate and categorize any defect as soon as it passes through the beam, immediately reporting the position of the defect, it’s type and magnitude. The ultra-fast reading ensures that defects as small as 40 μm in height can be detected and analyzed. The software also saves the position of the defects, allowing for the unwinding of the cable to the various faults’ positions.
- LONG-LIFE RELIABILITY - DEFEX is designed with solid-state devices and no moving parts, so that the absence of wear and drift allows for long-life performance without maintenance needed.
- FUNCTIONAL DESIGN - The lower aperture grants easy installation in the production line together with other operations such as product changes, and allows condensation, dirt and dust to fall away instead of accumulating in the reading zone.
- INDUSTRY 4.0 & IoT - DEFEX is equipped with an integrated interface so that it can work as a stand-alone device, but due to its TCP/IP protocol it can also easily communicate with any PLC or supervisor through a simple software package, making it ready for remoting and Industry 4.0
Optoelectronic device for the in-line measurement and identification of surface defects
DEFEX is the newest generation optoelectronic device for non-contact in-line measurement and identification of surface defects on wires, cables and pipes such as protrusions, throttling, abrasions, local insulation lack and partial detachments or flakes.