- ABSOLUTE PERFORMANCE - The non-contact measurement principle does not require any calibration, so the signal is the absolute measure of the speed independent of the cable, wire or pipe nature, material or geometry.
- FAST READINGS - VELOMEX can produce over 24.000 readings per second, ensuring an almost-continuous measurement of the speed and, thus, a very precise measurement of position and length even below 0.05%.
- POWERFUL ANALYSIS SOFTWARE - VELOMEX can perform time integration at very high speed, therefore being able to apply very precise control of hauling, batch length cutting, encoder calibration, insulation, stranding and jacketing operations.
- LONG-LIFE RELIABILITY - VELOMEX is designed with solid-state devices and no moving parts, so that the absence of wear and drift allows for long-life performance without maintenance needed.
- FUNCTIONAL DESIGN - Its compact design allows easy installation in the production line and doesn’t require much space, so that it can be installed even in the tightest spots along the line.
- INDUSTRY 4.0 & IoT - VELOMEX is equipped with an integrated interface so that it can work as a stand-alone device, but due to its TCP/IP protocol it can also easily communicate with any PLC or supervisor through a simple software package, making it ready for remoting and Industry 4.0.
Measuring system for speed & length
VELOMEX is a non-contact speed, length and position measuring device for curved surfaces based on the Doppler effect. Designed for cables, wires and pipes, this device can provide monitoring, feedback and control for production lines, especially in the cable insulating, stranding and jacketing lines; it can also work as a precise absolute digital encoder